"Fashion is a moving target.
Style, on the other hand, is always in style."
Necklace lengths are varied and should always be considered prior to purchase. A few important factors include clothing necklines as well as body measurements. A deep V-neck might clash with a Rope Length chain whereas a turtle neck would be restricting if accessorized with a Collar or Choker length. Also, not all necks and décolletage are created equal. A simple strand can look great on one person and not so great on another. Finally, the most important factor to consider is personal preference. A slender neck might appear to be a perfect candidate for a Collar or Choker but would be a miserable piece for a person who prefers less constriction. How should you decide the best length for you?
- Consider the most common neckline in your wardrobe.
- Decide whether the accessory is to be a bold statement piece or a simple glimpse.
- Use a strand of yarn or similar material to drape various lengths around your neck until you find the length that satisfies every factor mentioned.
- Choker: 14-16" Small: 18"
- Princess: 17-19" Medium: 19-20"
- Matinee: 20-24" Large: 24" and up
- Décolletage: 25-27"
- Opera: 28-34"
- Ionian: 35-36"
- Rope: 37" and up